You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Friday, June 6, 2008

Bridal Veil Falls 10k


i hate running. i had not run a mile since the good old days of orem jr high when I had to for PE. a year ago, probably while eating some form of liquid cheese, I made a goal to run one 5k a month through the summer. thanks to traci, my motivating mentor, she got me out of bed one early, RAINING morning, and we went for our first run. traci is in amazing shape, and has done like a zillion triathalons...so purely she was just my friend who heard my goal and decided to take my goal and make it happen for me (thanks trace). anyhoo, we ran/walked 1 mile. after several increases in running together, we signed up for my first 5k last may. i ran a total of 5 after that. so once again spring rolls around, and in march I started. well, may was about out of time, i was too busy to make it happen, until little firecracker karen called me with a run she found the very last day in may, the 31st. sheepishly, she quietly mentions she can only find a 10k. i'm sorry, have we met? it's me jill...the little old lady barely coming through the finish line. anyway, with her evil powers, she convinces me (and rob) to do it. i ran the whole way. yes my knee killed at the end, but i ran the whole way. so if you're thinking to yourself "man, this girl is begging for praise", well i guess you're right....cuz i sure as you know what am!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a goal! I had high hopes to run just ONE 5K this summer...but my training has been less than phenomenal. I am so impressed you ran a 10K -- and I totally get the knee thing.

Amazing! You are awesome.

(Is that enough praise...or should I keep talking?)

Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci said...

You act like Karen and I made this happen...it was all you babe! You are a total stud and I wish I was you! Now, when are you going to get a bike?

a wynn wynn situation said...

Ooo, I like the "evil powers" part. You know you wanted to run it : )
You were AMAZING!
The next part of my nefarious plan is a marathon in a little sleepy town called St. George. It's no biggie- just a short jaunt through the canyon...

Sara said...

Never cease to amaze me... So for what it's worth, Congrat-u-freakin-lations! Way to go, GIRL!

6 P's in a Pod said...

Whatever it is that is making your legs look so good...keep it up cuz they look sweet! (Jill-that comment it directed to you). GOOD JOB!! KEEP IT UP!!

Heather Gibb said...

Yeah, way to go girl!! Your running is paying off to, you looked fabulous when I saw you last!!
I'm sad seeing your boys growing up and I'm not there.....
Heather