You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

defying gravity (or atleast trying!)



in the chic lobby of the historic Roosevelt hotel


traci and laurie


is anyone in LA capable of centering a picture? (this was the 3rd try)



me and jen in character



taken from the groovy pool night life


hanging at the pool party after the show
meetin' up w/ the gina in st george

me, gina, laurie, jen, traci, and vicki at spa legas before we head home

we had a killer girls weekend. it was truly amazing. we left last wednesday night and drove to st george, arriving around 1:30 am. we then left thursday am, and drove to LA, arriving around 3 pm. we ate at the traci recommended "bella" italian restaraunt, where i had a 'dee-lish' dinner of pumpkin stuffed ravioli. so yummy. we then went to wicked, which was my 2nd time (i saw it the 1st time w/ my sis in nyc for her bday) and for some crazy reason, cried liked a little baby this time! i don't know if i was thinking of christy, loving being with my great friends, or pms, but i tell ya what...it touched me! that music is amazing, and i love the storyline of sisterhood, friendship, and standing up for what you believe in. just awesome. we then went back to the ever cool roosevelt hotel (my only complaint was the bathroom was about 1 inch big), and hung out at the candle lit pool area for some fun. it was great. after hitting the bed around 2 am, we arose once again to drive back to st george, and after some playing in primm and vegas, we arrived to jen's beautiful pad friday night, once again at 2 am. gina, vicki, and emily had arrived in st george that night (although sound asleep by the time we showed up), and then on saturday we played tennis, ate breakfast at the clubhouse, lounged at the pool, and finished the night w/ dinner at pizza factory and the chick flick 'what happens in vegas...'. sunday we lounged some more, and finally arrived home at 10:30 pm. did i forget to mention golden spoon? how silly of me, traci & laurie were as excited about that as wicked! a big shout out to all the hubbies, none of whom called with any questions or complaints, and who had tidy homes for us all to come home to. what awesome men! love you girls...thanks for inspiring me to be a better wife, mother, and friend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so THIS is where you were! I am eternally jealous...okay, not eternally, but dang! I need to get out more.

It looks like you had a riot. Girlfriends are the absolute best!

(and you changed "dancing queen"....so funny)

Traci said...

Love the post! You are a rockin' riot girl! Love ya!

Unknown said...

i made adam listen to a wicked song last night. he still isn't convinced musicals are for him. all i have to say is, I LOVE YOU and our friends that would go see wicked a hundred more times with me! you da bomb baby!next time i'm getting the ravioli

Rachel said...

wow. love the reenactment photo. there is nothing like a fun girls' weekend to rejuvenate the soul. aaron and i were in san clemente that same weekend, inviting the damaging rays of the sun to wreak havoc on our skin.

but, oh, to see wicked!

you lucky girl, you.

Sara said...

Oh, looks like sooo much fun! I will have to be nicer in hopes of being invited next time! :)

a wynn wynn situation said...

I LOVE the photos- you are a goddess! I really love the one "in character".
Sounds like you had so much fun and I bet you feel all fabulous and ready to tackle the summer now that you had a little R&R. Either that or you're like me and you're a raging loon cranking at the kids after a small taste of the bon bon life ; )
And I'm totally with you on the crying- I think when I see it again I will bawl like a baby because when I listen to the music or talk about it to my kids I totally cry. It definitely has more significance as you get deeper into it. Glad you got a second go at it!

Deanna said...

I feel so unworthy to comment since I'm one of the few (and only?) who has not seen Wicked. I'm so deprived. I was hoping to see a picture of you eating at In-and-Out Burger. Looks like a fast but fun trip you had. Looking so forward to seeing you soon.