You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Sunday, May 4, 2008

tears, floss, & tooth fairies




our rhett lost his first tooth last night, saturday, may 4th. i was gone for what sounds like an extremely exciting event , but received a phone call from rhett soon after. he was so excited to put his teeny little tooth under his pillow. the tooth fairy was kind and left a 5 dollar bill, but rhett thinks that since there is only 1 dollar, even if there is a 5 on it, that it is indeed only 1 dollar. I keep telling him that instead of buying a treat (with 1 dollar), he might be able to buy a small prize. now i'm told that before preschool tomorrow, we are to journey to target, of course!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh the blogging moms! I have pictures at the doctor getting flu shots, braces tightened, and anything that makes good blogging material. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the floss/string pulling of the tooth. Jeremy did that to Mariah once while I was at work -- apparently I missed some major drama)

The tooth fairy sure has gotten a lot more generous since I was a kid. I remember getting $0.50 and being pretty happy. Jeremy used to save all his spare change for such occasions -- until we realized how much our children were banking (Connor ended up with $28 dollars for one measly tooth!)

Hope he has fun shopping at Target!

Sara said...

Oh, the photos bring tears to my eyes! I remember my first tooth was literally HANGING and I was terrified! So fun! What a fun milestone!

a wynn wynn situation said...

I LOVE the photos-- made me feel like I was there.
Hey, I can't wait for tomorrow. I had to laugh that your sister outed you in that hilarious email... you two are SO funny!

Unknown said...

you are doing such a good job. keep it up!! your pictures and stories are so fun.