You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

bless my heart

after receiving a threatening email from my dear friend karen to make this post, i decided to quickly act, for i fear her much the same way i fear my dear sister, christy. that is, i don't trust them farther than i can spit, and i am afraid much worse unflattering photo's might begin to surface. I have supported my friend gina's dance concert for the last several years (she does an amazing job), and whenever I saw some old lady out there, who in actuality is probably younger than me, I would say "good for her, bless her heart!" well apparently I am now a 'bless her heart' lady....dang it! so, i had the nerve to actually dance in gina's dance concert. it is the first time i have been on a stage in 19 freakin years! there were 5 performances, and before each one i truly thought i would either pass out, vomit, or pee my pants.




me and melissa pinnock....how did i let her convince me of this!?!


as embarassing as it was (i heard someone yell 'go sister murdock!')...i felt very proud of the guts i had to do it, and for the support of friends and my sweet husband rob, (we'll leave my boys out of this) -who made me feel up to par and empowered. gina was unbelievable in how much she included me and made me feel like a queen (dancing queen that is). so, there, mrs wynn, i dedicate this post to you:) thanks for being 1 of the 2 members (thank you too deanna) of my fan club.






in true dance recital fashion, i also received beautiful flowers from jen, traci, ryan & amy, dave & sunani, and rob. you guys are the greatest...thanks so much!

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I, however, do have pictures and you looked just as sexy as that girl in your blog picture, minus the water. It was fun going and yelling for an adult dancer. (Okay, not that kind of adult dancer) I know the older man next to me came to cheer on his granddaughters, but left without the use of his left ear because of my big mouth. Go Jill!

Heather Gibb said...

I'm MAD at you for not telling me the date!!! I would of joined in the Jill cheering section! I'm PROUD of you, I can't get the guts to go to the funky aerobics class at my gym :)! You rock!

a wynn wynn situation said...

I hope people read the comments because you left out that you were AMAZING!!!! Truly you were my very favorite dancer of the show with your sassy little 'tude & groovy moves. I was SO impressed and I'm so glad I got to see you after much persuasion and manipulation. And I'm glad those persuasive skills also got you to post about it!
When's your next performance???
Consider my yapper shut-

Anonymous said...

Hmm -- keeping secrets? I had no idea you danced! Sounds like you had a blast -- no doubt you were awesome!

Kellie said...

That looks so dang fun! Way to go and tell me when it happens again!!

Familia Peña said...

Look at you!!!! You go, girl. It sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see more pics:)

Darci

Cori Simmons said...

Once a STAR, always a STAR. It's an addiction. I'm sure you looked as good as ever. Send me a close up and I'll forward it to Sheryl Dowling, she'd love it!

Sara said...

Okay, hard to tell from the "real" photo, but I heard from a full ahndful of people that you were INCREDIBLE, so no modesty will be accepted, my dear! You were hot and rockin'! I am sure you made those boys proud (even if they won't admit it!) :)

gillman said...

Jill, hey its Meg from your dance class! i found your blog because cori simmons is my( husbands) cousin! isn't it a small world? anyways, i thought you were so awesome dancing, and i hope you'll come back and dance again, it is such a blast!! see you!
Meg Gillman