cole's requested cake: pudding on the rice
cole is officially a teenager. he has been an unofficial teenager the last few months...but we'll save that for another post. in light of his birthday, we will focus on the happier times and traits (i just keeping telling myself "everyone says girls are harder"...). So, in honor of reaching the milestone 13...here are 13 things we love about our cole:
1. an incredible academic determination
2. a compassionate heart
3. a great sense of humor
4. hearing him play the guitar
5. his athleticism; he is a natural
6. that skin!! i envy it!
7. his laugh
8. his love for his grandparents
9. good babysitting 'skills'
10. social (just not with the adult species)
11. his embarassment from the many girls who call for him
12. our shared love of music & good food
13. he's a cool dude to hang with...
cole, i know this is a 'girl' thing to say, but you are beautiful...truly, both inside and out. we wish you (and us) well on this next stage of life. may there be mercy on all of our souls!!! :)
.jpg)
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Cole!!! Look out world- here he comes!
Happy Birthday to Cole! Love the list...and I must say, his skin looks just as incredible as yours! (jealous -- am I ever!)
Happy B-day Cole. I can't believe that you are a teenager now! I remember when Parker and I were in first grade and you were in 3rd! That seems like for ever ago. Now your 13!
CRAZY!!!
Zach
Happy Birthday to Cole! Yikes - I haven't had a teenage boy yet but Maddie will be 16 in 6 months - STRESSFUL!!
I don't know about that girl's are harder saying, I'm more nervous about my 11 year old boy! My 13 year old girl is a dream!! Congrats on being mom of a teen, it will be fun to compare notes as we're entering at the same time but w/opposite genders!
You don't look old enough to have a teenager! We will be entering the teen world next year with Aubree! Yikes! Time flies...
Jill - I randomly saw a comment from you to Kellie Knowles. Do you remember me? This is Suzy Mortimer, now Baller from Bert Murdock Music? You look so good. Don't you age? I haven't gotten to really read your blog, but I saw the picture of Cole and I remember when you had him! Yikes! You can check out our blog at www.suzyqzoo.blogspot.com
Cole you Rock!! We really loved living near you and having you be Parker's friend- you are such a good person!!
Heather
Happy birthday Cole. I miss you and playing basketball with you.
Parker
It's like the genetic pool has funnelled out all of the bad and left only the good with your kids. Seriously! Happy Birthday, Cole! I'd love to be your Mother-In-Law someday. (Man, that makes me feel OLD just saying it!)
WOW! God Bless all of you as you enter the teen-zone! :)
Cole- I am sure you will do awesome in life if you just remember how much your parents trust and love you and how much those sweet little brothers look up to you and want to be just like you! Happy, Birthday, Bud!
Post a Comment