You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

tuesdays tirade

it has come to my attention, in this world we call blogging,
that it is predominantly the bliss-filled moments we're logging.

is everything unicorns, rainbows, and dreams-
do i stand all alone when i say i like screams?

what is everybody on? is it some happy pill?
if so, tell your pharmacist to make some for jill.

for i love my life, my hubby, and my kids-
but there are a few times that i just blow my lid.

bedtime for one starts out happy and gay,
but then i become a famous mom played by faye...

her names mommie dearest "no wire hangers" she yells,
and i find myself thinking "hmm, i like what she sells".

after this nightly routine, i go stare in to space,
while rob is downstairs thinking candles and lace.

so while i'm not proud it has happened to me
but as its so often said 'the truth sets you free'.

i wouldn't trade for the world what is my life's deal,
i'm just a believer in 'keeping it real'.

thank goodness the joy so outweighs all the bad
and every morning i wake i feel happy and glad.

for it's a new day, i'm so inspired in my life
i just need to simmer down - be a good mom and good wife.

so thanks all who listened to my long-winded spew
before you judge harshly, it could happen to you.



16 comments:

jill allison said...

karen...this ones for you. and not because you are mommie dearest, but because you know i am and still love me anyway. thanks for the pic.

Unknown said...

classic!!!! i love your blogs. you are blogalicous. (yes, that is a word.) i have got to send your link to my sis after watching that mommy dearest scene a thousand times together. i think i watched that with way more concern and intensity than any other show. maybe that is why i feel like reinacting some portion of that with my kids everyday.

b. said...

mmmhhhmmm....I'm totally with you.

(I don't remember how I found you...I'm just a lurker!)

b. said...

ohhh....maybe it was from Karen. Wonder if she'll still blog love me too...

Anonymous said...

Is this a substitute for your idea of "whiney wednesdays"? LOL - love the poem...so creative!!

Deanna said...

Oh Jill, you did such a great job with your rhyme.

It's hard to blog the stress moments because when you're ticked off if someone came to you with a camera you just want to throw it and say some juicy words. You aren't inspired to document right then.

I think blogging is mostly happy. I like when people show the real side of their life too. Like naked pictures, naughty teenagers, etc. I guess we write what connects and inspires us and mostly that's the good and not the bad. Thank goodness!

So YOU GO GIRL and let it all out. We will all still love you no matter what because we're all getting what you say from our personal experiences too.

Traci said...

BRAVO! I love it and you! My fave was the candles and lace line! Party on you freak show! :)

Pat said...

Jill, it was so great to run into you at Costco. You look the very same as you always have. I would never think of you as a mother of four boys. I keep telling Brittany to look at your great family. It might make her feel a little better about nimber four boy comming up. I keep telling her that misery loves company. Maybe you can blog her with some great advice. You and Rob make such cute parents and have beautiful boys. Maybe you and Brittany are really sisters and not her and Kellie. I better be careful or my kids will call the Mental hospitable on me.I think they think i am Mommy Dearest'

a wynn wynn situation said...

That was awesome! I have oodles and oodles of "metal hanger" moments. Isn't it nice to know that other children besides the ones we raise will have need of a good therapist and some ben and jerrys? I'm doing my part to create job security for the mental health association... yeah, that's what I'm doing :)

Kellie said...

That's a riot! I think that same thing when I read blogs but I know people aren't likely to put their deepest darkest secrets on there - unfortunately! That would make for a great read!!

My mom said she ran into you today. Funny!

amber said...

Jill,
I would appreciate if you wouldn't post pictures of me without my permission! ;) I try to only let my family see me when I'm like that!
You're awesome! I can't imagine you ever losing it!

6 P's in a Pod said...

SHUT UP!! Poetry...Another "gift" I can put on the list of "Amazing Things Jill Allison Can Do". You never cease to amaze me!

MEJ said...

I'm with ya girl! Maybe this is the real reason why I haven't started a blog yet. :) My favorite line is also the "candles and lace" line. Too true!

Kathy said...

CLASSIC! I can't believe you could just whip out a sweet poem like that. You've got skills girly.

Keep on keepin' it real!

Sticks and Stones said...

Hey there! I hear ya- I hate blogs that make me feel like an inaddiquate underachiever mom. I just can't do it all - even though everyone else seems to. Thanks for making me feel more "normal".

Lexi said...

I am laughing so hard right now- love it!