You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hobbies

rob: rob is an outdoor enthusiast. he loves to waterski, mountain bike, snowski, 4wheel, hike, swim, camp, whatever. he is a natural at all of those things, and makes them all look so easy. the hotter the better for rob, i guess that's where his "true indian" is able to really come out. i love watching him do these things and wish i was as good as him!

jill: one of my hobbies is decorating cakes. it is fun and therapeutic for me. i love looking for different ideas, and a tradition i started when cole was 2 years old was to make special cakes for my boys birthdays. i have made trains, racetracks, elmo, hotdog kids meal, pirate ships, a shark cake attacking surfers cake, and many, many more. it makes me happy and i hope it is creating a memory my kids will always have of something i did to make them feel special.

cole: (12) cole loves sports. he never lacks for something to do, because with each season comes his next "favorite". right now we are just finishing up basketball, with spring baseball coming right on up. he is fun to watch play. he is a hustler and a great ball handler, with a natural ability to lead. the best indication to me that spring is around the corner is the bouncing ball i hear in the backyard now that the snow has melted...and it makes me smile.

cade: (8) Cade loves legos. i have no idea how many thousands of legos we have. he can play with legos for hours, with or without friends. he has collected all sorts of sets for the last 4 years or so, ever since he graduated from thomas the train. he is currently interested in the indiana jones sets...waiting for his spring birthday to hope to acquire the last (and biggest) one. he is creative, self entertained, and i am thrilled that this is one of his many interests!

rhett: (5) one of rhett's many loves is the store Target. he wants to go weekly. he becomes quite distraught if he sees Target bags in the back of the car when I pick him up from preschool and says "WHAT! you went to Target without me!!!" we even tried to arrange his birthday party there last summer, and received quite the blank, confused stares from management when we put in our little request. we settled for Kangaroo Zoo instead. another part of rhett's tradition is to call grandpa & grandma ortiz and see if they want to meet us on our special outing, and the icing on the cake for rhett is when we get to eat lunch there too. Target is Super!

luke: (almost 2) I'm going to have to say that Luke's favorite hobby is his dad. he loves to hang out with him. he loves to hang in the morning in bed with rob, share breakfast shakes with rob, and at night he loves to sit in rob's chair with him, and eat whatever rob has (preferrably bajio) to share. the most used word out of luke is "dad". it is pretty darn cute. I'm not sure we have had a baby so addicted to just one person as little lukey.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I am so cracking up about Rhett. I'll have to arrange some kind of "Target" day at preschool for him. I can give out Target bags and price stickers and other things I can smuggle out of the store. (Ha!) I've got to let him know that my niece works there. I will be like celebrity status then!

Kellie said...

What a beautiful family you have! I guess I should say "handsome" :)

Pat said...

Your family is great. I can tell you are a wonderful mother. i always knew you would be. Your boys are so handsome. We will have to start aranging some marriages.We have always wanted you in our family so this is about our last chance. We will invite you to our family reunions so they can start knowing each other for the future

Bjorn & Kris said...

RED SOX ALL THE WAY BABY! It's great to see your blog. We snuck in through the Knell's blog. You guys look great! What a great family!

Gretchen Knell said...

My mom used to make special cakes for our birthdays too. My favorite was the year she made little dolls cakes individually for each of the girls at my party. Trust me your boys will definately remember and love that you made them feel special!
lots of love,
Gretch

a wynn wynn situation said...

Now that I have an account I can leave comments-- are you scared??
I LOVE all your pictures & I can feel your amazing personality coming through.
Love ya!