mark and kristen were great hosts. we told them of our very small window of opportunity to come, and while it was not a perfect time for them, between drama camps, circus' and so forth, they absolutely welcomed us with open arms, big laughs, and to top it off, a beach house! we were right in carlsbad, and it was beautiful. easy access to anywhere cool. they put rob & i in the master room suite (complete with cushy sectional) decorated so cute - "pineapple" style. we laughed, played "our" game of compatibility, and had conversations that seem to age right along with our friendship. saying goodbye reminds me of pulling away as a child from my grandpa & grandma ortiz' home, with eyes blurred from tears and a lump the size of a baseball in my throat.
thank you so much mark and kristen...and yes, you've been blogged!
.jpg)
3 comments:
I'm still missing the beach! Carlsbad was my home stake. Go Padres! I'm so glad you guys got to go. I'm sorry about Rhett's fever. I hope he had some good days. We are still finding sand in our car and ipods and books, even though we've been home for a week and a half. It looks like you guys had a blast.
We need to get together soon with little miss karen too.
What a vacation....I love Cali. It just doesn't get much better than that.
You are a great photographer! Cute pics..makes me want to go to the beach right now!
Post a Comment