You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.
-Michael Pritchard

Sunday, February 17, 2008

40 is the new 30!


my man turned 40 on the 15th. after much debate on how to mark this momentous occasion, I settled on a celebration that would be fitting to the man of honor. I surprised him with a little jaunt north to Salt Lake City for a night's stay at the beautiful Grand America hotel. We were pampered through and through, and enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing "couples massage" in the hotel's beautiful spa. We ate well, slept well, and awoke the next morning to a delicious breakfast buffet with friends hans and traci. we went to a 1:00 movie (with all of the other seniors:) ), shopped, and on the journey home had our favorite steak and peppercorn sauce at Carvers Steakhouse. We are at a great stage Rob, and I look forward to joining the club with you in 2 years. I love you and must say, 40 never looked so good! You're as handsome as ever...

6 comments:

Deanna said...

You are too beautiful! I love your blog and pictures. Since I will turn 40 this year it's good to know other people who do it and they don't fall down dead. It gives me hope.

Kellie said...

YEAH!!!!!!! I love fellow bloggers! Happy Birthday yesterday. I wanted to call and of course, didn't. We have to get together before my bday for lunch! I'm so excited about your blog. Keep updating. I've become addicted to mine as you can tell, and update almost everyday. I haven't gone "private" yet but I'm thinking about it. Have a great day!

Heather Gibb said...

Of course you look hot!!! It's not fair how darling you and Rob are! I'm glad it was fun and I'm glad 40 is the new 20 or 30!! Love the blog and the music is a brilliant touch!

MEJ said...

I added you to my "family and friends' blogs" bookmark. Too fun! I hope that your bowling party was lots of fun. :)

Unknown said...

Happy 40th to 'da man" Roberto! Welcome to the 40+ club! Whew! And Jill, we'll catch-up with you in two short years ;)

Cheers to you and your wonderful family! We considerate it a joy to be your neighbors!

6 P's in a Pod said...

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY, ROB!! Sounds like a super-fun weekend. Your wife ROCKS for making it happen!
Love you guys!